Wednesday 29 January 2014

Multimedia and Digital Storytelling

This week we finished up our websites and now we've been looking at different forms of digital storytelling, especially through video.

First of all, here's a look at my classroom website!

My Classroom Website

I added a bunch of links to my Symbaloo on the "students" page, so there are plenty of resources for a grade 6 class! I also have links to the curriculum on the "parents" page, and a video on my home page that I found quite funny. Now all I need is an actual class so I can put some real pictures and assignments up!

Then today we took a look at different programs to use for digital storytelling. When I go to weddings, my favourite part tends to be the slideshow - I love looking at pictures and I love the stories they tell. We made ours in Powerpoint and it was such a headache to get everything looking nice - I WISH I had known about some of these other programs we looked at today!

A couple of programs we looked at were Photo Story and Animoto. Photo Story is for Windows and its pretty easy to put pictures into it and add music. You can even make your own music which is great. I decided to go with Animoto for mine, and it is so easy! I just linked it to my Facebook account so I could access my pictures, chose a theme and song, and voila!

Here's a look at my Animoto video - I decided to do it with my wedding pictures because they are my favourite pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment