Wednesday 5 February 2014

Photo Editing

This week we've been working on photo editing, and I am starting to think I am a pro.

Well, maybe not a pro, but it's so easy that really anyone can do it.

One of the programs we've been using is Pixlr which is a free online editing tool. I used it to add some text to a photo and turn it into a poster:


In the process I learned a bit more about creative commons and what is and isn't allowed regarding using photos I've found online. This photo is classified as creative commons, meaning I can use it on my website/blog, and I am free to edit it, but I need to give credit of where it is from.

I played around with Pixlr to edit a couple pictures for my website too, pixelating the names of my students on a card they gave me.



This will come in handy, since I'll need to protect my students' privacy. By pixelating names and faces, I will be able to use photos from class and post them online without being able to recognize them.

I also touched up some of my photos using Ribbet :

Before:

After:

I softened these picture, enhanced the lighting, used the eyebrow pencil to touch up hair and eyebrows (and make my sister blonde, sorry Courtney), added some eyeliner and whitened our teeth. All that took a total of about 10 minutes, and I know with more time and playing around a bit I could have made it look better.

Here's another one I did in about 2 minutes:

Before:

After:

All I did with this one was increase the contrast, crop it, and sharpen the image.

So there you have it! It's really simple to make adjustments to photos to make them brighter, sharper, or accent different things. I will have to take advantage of these programs more, they take no time at all to use!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the photos, these tools make it so easy to improve or add to photos

    ReplyDelete